Celebrating a Proud Legacy of Adventist Education Since 1919
Operated in harmony with the guidance and direction of the Office of Education,
North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Mt. Calvary Junior Academy is committed to a Christ-centered education by providing students with a holisitic approach to learning that encompasses the head, the heart, and the hands.
Aim and Philosophy
The faculty and administration of Mt. Calvary Junior Academy dedicate themselves to the education of children for succesful living in our complex, contemporary society. We endeavor to give instruction that will help mold these young characters for a place in the kingdom of God. Our staff approaches this goal by striving to maintain a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual growth.
We believe that our school should provide the opportunity for each student to realize his or her full potential through a variety of curricular and extra curricular experiences. We strive to adapt our instructional program to service individual differences. This will give each child the opportunity to grow and develop his or her abilities and growth patterns through successful experiences.
Christian education is Christ-centered, and a likeness to God's character is the aim of Seventh-day Adventist education. We recognize God not only as the Creator and Sustainer of the earth and the entire universe, but also as the source of all knowledge and wisdom.
We believe that true education should bring people back into harmony with God; it should so elevate and ennoble the mind that men and women may again reflect the image of the Creator. Thus, it will be our purpose to prepare the pupils not only for the joy of service in this world, but also for the higher joy in the world to come.
Mt. Calvary Junior Academy is accredited by the Southeastern Conference of Seventh-day Adventist, the National Council for Private Schools Accreditation (NCPSA), and the National Council for Private Schools (NCPS). These accreditations are also recognized and accepted by the State of Florida.
Goals and Objectives
Mt. Calvary Junior Academy was established to provide the youth of the church with the kind of training, which only Seventh-day Adventists can give. The school also admits students who are not Seventh-day Adventists. The academy's objectives are:
- to instill an avid desire to live a Christian life
- to foster the true ideas of Christian service
- to develop dependability, perseverance, integrity, and accuracy in the students
- to practice professional ethics with students, parents or guardians, and the educational staff
- to help students make the best use of available academic, vocational, and cultural opportunities
- to heighten appreciation of the responsiblities and privileges of citizenship in a democratic society
- to create an enviroment that encourages mutual respect between students, teachers, their elders, and fellow citizens
- to inspire students to maintain spiritual well-being, mental awareness, physical fitness, and emotional stability and maturity
- to use the school in a concerted efforted to help students become well-rounded citizens in today's complex society.
Safe and Sound video presentation
Few decisions are as important -- and potentially life-changing as choosing a school for your children. In this video you will learn some of the history of Adventist Christian education. Hear from some of our committed Christian teachers and see how Adventist Christian education provides a quality academic experience in a caring Christian environment.
click here for video
Journey to Excellence video presentation
Hear from administrators, teachers, parents and students about the quality academics, strong curriculum and integrated spiritual and moral content of our school.
click here for video
Additional links on this topic: